I know I have my disagreements with BlogHer, but, in the end, they support women writers so I do not mind giving them my money. Plus, a trip up to NYC never hurts. I am doing several things differently this time, and I have made a list;
1. Realize that the content is not up to par, and skip most sessions.
2. Realize the Expo Hall will be full of PR reps catering to SAHMs, and try not to be offended. TRY, probably not succeed.
3. No new clothes. Everything is new to people I have never met before, anyway.
4. Stay on the outside. I think last time I worried too much about fitting in, and it increased my anxiety even more. This time, I will stay on the outside, it is where I am most comfortable. Crowds give me hives.
5. Get away from the conference. I will grab a show, spend an afternoon at Central Park, go shopping in Chelsea….but I WILL get away.
The best part? I finally get to meet my oldest and dearest twitter friend, Ashley! Stay tuned for all the crazy, you know you love it.